- Amputation – removal , usually by surgery, of a limb, part or organ.
- Amputee – One who has had an amputation, esp of the arm or leg
- Prosthesis – Replacement of a missing part by artificial substitute such as artificial extremity.
- Physical preparation
- Upper body strengthening
- Non affected limb strengthening
- Bed mobility
- ROM of affected limb
- Balance re-education
- Safe transfers
- General conditioning
- Early stump care activities, stump board
- Hopping with the use of an aid i.e. crutches or walking frame.
- Walking with Pneumatic post amputation mobility aid (PPAM Aid)
- Phantom limb, phantom pain and Painful residual limb
- ADL retraining
- Increase in prosthetic wearing and functional utilization
- Patients achieve satisfactory walking pattern.
– Feeling of safety
– Reasonable energy consumption